Want to save money on the cost of your heating oil?
Suffolk ACRE Community Buying Ltd has set up a new social enterprise that will reduce the cost of your heating oil each time you place an order.
All you need to do to take advantage of the scheme is to pay an annual membership fee, which will cover as many oil orders as you need during the course of the year.
What’s the snag?
There isn’t one. The scheme is being promoted by Suffolk ACRE, a long established and well respected Suffolk charity (www.suffolkacre.org.uk ).
By bringing communities throughout Suffolk together and making the most of joint buying power, we can make savings and pass them directly to people like you whose fuel costs are high simply because you use oil-fired central heating.
The environment benefits:
Every time a tanker comes out to make a delivery, it is using a lot of diesel – a full tanker can get as little as a horrifying 8 miles per gallon. If deliveries are organised so that one tanker delivers to several customers in a village instead of making lots of individual deliveries, the fuel consumption is reduced and so is the traffic in the village.
How the scheme works – 5 easy steps to cheaper heating oil
- Contact your local co-ordinator and let them know how much oil you want to order. Please allow up to a maximum of two weeks for delivery of oil from the monthly bulk oil order date. (In most cases delivery will be sooner).
- Once a month your co-ordinator lets us know the total oil needed from your area.
- At the end of each month, the bulk oil purchase is negotiated by our oil buyer.
- We then tell your co-ordinator when to expect delivery and how much it will cost, and he or she passes the information on to you.
- You pay the supplier direct for the oil they deliver.